Age Appropriate

Baby girl is 14 but yet looks 18 and acts 21. What happen to dressing age appropriate? These young girls nowadays look more grown then I do and I'm 27 years old and they are way more developed then the girls were back when I was younger. Is there something in the water that I do not know about? It's more flesh being shown and at such a young age. 

I remember being a young girl wearing short shorts and still having that innocent look. These young girls who are wearing short shorts/skirts  look more provocative then some of these grown women out here. Their whole attire is more advanced then their age even down to their hair. I'm seeing more young girls wearing tracks and bundles than braids and their own natural hair. Like when did it become acceptable for a fourth or fifth grade to wear a sew in? Why has it become acceptable for young girls to dress so sexy that people are left questioning their age?

Where is the innocence? Maybe because my parents would have never allowed me to leave the house in such a manner I find this disturbing. Or it could be because both of my parents were older when they had me and my father was in my life as I was growing up. Finally, it could be that my parents were not trying to be my friends but instead my parents. How these young girls are dressed says a lot about how they are being raised, what they're being exposed to and what is being instilled in them. I understand times have advanced but a child should be a child and the way she is seen should match her age. Hey just my opinion!


Comments

Popular Posts